Pensky-Martens Flash Point Apparatus- ALCON
For determining the flash point of fuel oils and lubricating oil, bitumen other than cutback bitumen and suspension of solids in liquids, having a flash point above 49°C. The oil cup is made of brass, fitted with a thermally insulated lifting handle. The cup lid, with insulated handle, is fitted with two opposite wedge cams, which engage under pillars secured to the cup flange. This feature facilitates easy removal of the lid by rotating the handle a few degrees to disengage the cams The shutter opening mechanism is designed for smooth operation and is operated by a spring handle with a knurled knob. A exposure device is mounted over the lid. The manually operated stirrer has a flexible shaft. The cup assembly is positioned in a cast iron air bath, fitted with a chrome plated brass top. The air bath is mounted on an upright.
Applications & Features:-
For determining the flash point of fuel oils and lubricating oil, bitumen other than cutback bitumen and suspension of solids in liquids, having a flash point above 49°C.
- Designed as per IP-34, ASTMD-93 and IS 1448 (Part i) and IS 1209-1953 method B.
- Used for determination of close cup flash points of fuel, oils, other viscous material and suspension of solids.
- Useful for both low range as well as high range flash points of samples using different thermometers IP-15C or IP-16C respectively.
- The cover with spring operated rotating Shutter having Oil Test Jet Flame Device, stirrer with flexible shaft.
- The Assembly rests in Air Bath which is covered with Dome shape metal top.
- The cup is fitted with insulated Handle and locking arrangement near Cup flange.
- The assembly energy regulator.
- Suitable to work on 220 volts AC supply.
- Supplied with one thermometer.